- Quilt Show – May 18-19, 2018 Les and Sue Haas will chair
- Setup on Thursday May 17th
- Times: Friday May 18 – 12 to 7 and Sat 10 – 4
- Beneficary of the show- Congregational Church Rebuilding Fund
- Quilt Show – May 18-20, 2018
SITE COMMITTEE: Barb Singer and Kathy Colburn
ENTRY APPLICATIONS/PROGRAM COMMITTEE: Jan Queen and Sally Miller.
AWARD RIBBONS: Mary Moore and Mona Dow
VENDORS COORDINATOR- Linda VanSchaick
WELCOME GIFTS: Kathy Colburn
QUILT DISPLAY COMMITTEE: Mary Moore and Amanda Patterson
PUBLICITY: Barb Singer
SHOW SET-UP and TAKE_DOWN: ALL guild members
ADMISSIONS/WELCOME TABLE: Jeanne LaMay
RAFFLE QUILT CONSTRUCTION: Donna Hastings and Linda Van Schaick
TEACUP AUCTION: Mary Ellen Henry
CHALLENGE QUILT CONTEST: Jackie Burns, Sally Miller and JoEllen Saumier. Rules are found below.
FAT QUARTER RAFFLE- Louise Hathaway and Debbie Bigness
- More info will be added as it becomes available.
2017-18 Stained Glass Challenge
- All items entered in this challenge must use a stained glass pattern. A stained glass pattern is defined as color blocks divided by black, navy, Grey or silver sashing.
- The stained glass pattern may be a commercial pattern or a pattern of the entrants design.
- To enter the challenge, AQG members must bring 4 fat quarters of good quality fabric to the September Guild meeting. The fat quarters must be (one each) blue, green, yellow and purple.
- The fat quarters may have a pattern using another color(s), as long as, the predominate color is one of the required colors.
- Each of the 4 fat quarters must be used in the stained glass item.
- Color blocks of fabric are to be joined by sashing to create a stained glass look.
- Width of the sashing is limited to a width of 1 inch. It can be narrower.
- Additional colors may be used in the item.
- The stained glass item created is the choice of the entrant (quilt, table topper, wall hanging, bag, clothing item, etc.) Quilts are limited to a maximum perimeter of 220 inches (55 inches per side, if square).
- Items must be completed and submitted at the April 2018 AQG meeting.
- Items must be available for display at the May 2018 Guild Show.
- Fat quarters are brought to the September 2017 Guild meeting.
- AQG members who wish to participate, but who are unable to attend the September meeting, should arrange to send their fat quarters to the meeting with another member.
- Fat quarters will be exchanged at the meeting so entrants will not be using the fat quarters they brought to the meeting in their stained glass item.
- Entrants will have from September 2017 until the end of March 2018 to complete the project.
- Entrants unable to attend the April 2018 meeting need to send their completed item to the Guild meeting with another member.
- AQG members will vote on the winners in each category at the April meeting.
- Most colorful
- Most Intricate
- Most Creative
- Best of Show
- First Challenge Entry