Young and Old….Expert and Beginner… Traditional and Contemporary…..
If you enjoy quilting and love quilts, there’s a place for you in Adirondack Quilters Guild. Formed in 2002 by a few local quilters, Adirondack Quilters Guild is a dynamic gathering of people dedicated to the art, history, creativity and sheer joy of quilting! We educate, encourage and inspire each other….
“The guild meetings motivate me. For the first time in years, I’m completing projects!”
“I love the exchange of ideas during the guild meetings. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. I especially love the show-n-tell!”
“I never quilted before I joined AQG. I now have the knowledge and confidence to share my quilted projects with others!”
“I’ve made some great friends through the quilt guild.”
“The meetings are great!!! I go home from the meetings and I just want to sew…sew…sew!!!”
- Monthly meetings featuring a variety of programs and demonstrations (1st Tuesdays)
- Monthly Saturday Workshops and covered dish luncheons (3rd Saturdays)
- Informal exchange of ideas and expertise among members
- Show-n-Tell every month to share ideas and view other members’ quilt projects
- Informative monthly newsletter
- Block-of-the-month or Mystery Quilt Exchange Projects
- Fun monthly meeting activities such as Silent Auctions, grab bags, door prizes
Participation in all Guild activities is voluntary…Do as much or as little as you are comfortable doing. Enjoy each other’s company and just have fun quilting!!!
- Donate quilts, quilted projects and/or financial support to community groups, institutions and schools
- Biennial Spring Quilt Show (even years) held to promote the art of quilting and to raise funds for donation to a worthy charitable organization and to provide funds for the guild’s future projects and programs
- Provide educational quilt exhibits and quilting demonstrators to community events and organizations to promote the history and art of quilting.
Sewing groups, socials and potluck luncheons or dinners, friendship quilts, block exchanges, mystery quilt exchanges, day-long workshops, fabric and pattern swaps, quilting and sewing projects to help others in our communities, group trips to quilting shows and events are just a few of the ways Adirondack Quilters Guild members get together to have fun and share our love of quilting!!!
Download our Welcome Flyer! Fill out your information and mail the form to the address in the flyer. Or bring the completed form to a meeting!